Proclamation No. 295 signed last November 24, 2011 provided a list of Official Philippine Holidays and Special Non-Working Days. To the public and private employees as well as the students, this provides an opportunity to plan ahead for possible vacations, out-of-town trips, or for simply having longer quality time with family.
There are six opportunities for those working in the Philippines to have an extended weekends:
3 day weekend from January 21(Saturday) to January 23(Monday), the day of the Chinese New Year celebration which has been declared a holiday.
5 day break from April 5 (Maundy Thursday) to April 9 (Araw ng Kagitingan). In fact, this could be an opportunity to take a very long break starting on the31st of March and only file for a 3-day leave of absence(from April 2 to 4).
4 day weekend from Thursday November 1 (All Saints Day) to Sunday Nov 4
3 day weekend from Saturday August 25 to Monday August 27 (National Heroes Day)
3 day weekend from Friday November 30 (Bonifacio Day) to Sunday December 2.
3 day weekend from December 29 to New Year’s Day of January 2013.
In addition, there are also holidays that sandwiches weekends, so that taking one day off may also mean longer relaxation times:
May 1 falls on a Tuesday, so one can take Monday April 30 off and get a 4 day extended weekend from April 28 (Saturday) to May1 (MOnday)
One can take a day off on the Monday, June 11 and get a 4 day extended weekend: June 9 (Sat) to June 12 (Tuesday), a holiday
Christmas day is on a Tuesday, so why not take take a break also on December 24, a Monday so you can get a full 4 days off from Dec 22 to Dec 25?
To recap, here is the full list of regular holidays and special non-working holidays for 2012:
New Year’s Day January 1 (Sunday)
Maundy Thursday April 5
Good Friday April 6
Araw ng Kagitingan April 9 (Monday)
Labor Day May 1 (Tuesday)
Independence Day June 12 (Tuesday)
National Heroes Day August 27 (Last Monday of August)
Bonifacio Day November 30 (Friday)
Christmas Day December 25 (Tuesday)
Rizal Day December 30 (Sunday)
Special (Non-Working) Days
Chinese New Year January 23 (Monday)
Ninoy Aquino Day August 21 (Tuesday)
All Saints Day November 1 (Thursday)
Additional special (non-working) day November 2 (Friday)
Last Day of the Year December 31 (Monday)
Plan you breaks. Enjoy your vacation leaves. You deserved it!
1. You strike a match and light your nose.
2. You take off your shoes and wade in the potato salad.
3. You hear a duck quacking and it’s you.
4. You tell your best joke to the indoor plant.
5. You refill your glass from the fish bowl.
6. You hear someone say, “Call a priest!”
7. You start kissing the portraits on the wall.
8. You complain about the small bathroom after emerging from the closet.
9. You ask for another ice cube and put it in your pocket.
10. You tell everyone you have to go home… and the party’s at your place.
11. You have to hold on to the floor to keep from sliding off.
12. You pick up a roll, and butter your watch.
13. You yawn at the biggest bore in the room… and realize you’re in front of the hall mirror.
Now, which one of the thirteen in the list were you on Christmas day?